As a Sous Chef you are responsible for preparing all the dishes from our breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner menu.
These activities include:
• Food styling; everything revolves around the avocado;
• Coordinate and organize the execution of the work in the kitchen;
• Receiving, checking and storing orders in the kitchen, the fridge and freezer
• In the event of Master Chef absence: assigning activities, supervising progress
and execution, planning and supervising mise en place activities;
• Supervising work progress and quality of the dishes;
• Preparing dishes in all parties;
• Contribute ideas for the menu as well as the development of new recipes
• Try and evaluate new recipes:
• develop recipe instructions for employees;
• In the absence of Chef de Partie; take care of the daily orders
• Work according to the HACCP standard.
You are a natural leader and know how to convey your passion for your work to
other kitchen employees. You like to work together in order to make guests leave
with a smile.
You meet the following requirements:
• In possession of a SVH-cook training (or comparable);
• Preferably experience in a similar job;
• In possession of a degree in Social Hygiene;
• In possession of a teacher's certificate is an advantage;
• Experience in leading / coaching a team is an advantage;
• Mastery of the Dutch language and the English language;
• Motivated and positive attitude;
• Team player;
• Stress resistant.
We offer you:
The Avocado Show offers a creative, challenging job in a beautiful environment
including flexible working hours and;
• An employment contract;
• Various development and (international) growth opportunities;
• A unique experience in a dynamic work environment;
• A good salary (tailored to job and work experience);
• Structure of holidays and 8% holiday allowance;
• Free for One, staff discount in all our restaurants;
• A great employer on your resume.
• Jay Greenslade: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who are we?
The Avocado Show opened its doors in Amsterdam, on March 2017.
Each dish revolves around the same superfood ingredient: Avocado.
Launching the first avocado-based restaurant has generated loads of
international media coverage leading to millions of interactions and thousands of
The Avocado Show is located in the middle of De Pijp, the most buzzing foodie & fashion area in Amsterdam. Fresh colors and good vibes give the restaurant its informal look and feel. Every dish at The Avocado Show is styled and served to perfection, and the menu is updated frequently to keep surprising fans. The restaurant offers 50 place settings, serving breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner. The Avocado Show works with international staff and is open year round. Next to the restaurant you can find The Avocado Store; a candy store for avocado fans which is also used as an event space for avocado workshops and brand parties. For more information about (working at) The Avocado Show, please visit: https://www.theavocadoshow.com/